COVID Rules & Guidelines
We look forward to welcoming you to the lake for your swim session. To ensure that we all enjoy ourselves and stay safe please read ALL our guidelines and rules before arriving at the lake.
Failure to comply with these guidelines will risk your participation, being refused entry, or asked to leave, with no refund.
Open Water Swimming is available for people who are confident to swim at least 250m unaided. For those who aren’t we run regular Intro to Open Water Swim courses please contact the centre for more information. There is currently no wetsuit rental available.
Before coming to the Lake
- You must be registered as a Friend of Bray Lake or a paid member and you must ensure that this is in date. Information and a link to our registration page can be found on our website. This is your online swim wavier and terms and conditions.
- All swim sessions must be pre-booked online - you are not permitted to attend without a booking.
- To help us reduce numbers on site please avoid bringing spectators including family members to the lake. When this is not possible there is a limit of 1 person. During busy periods we reserve the right to ask spectators to leave. The only exception to the rule is for people accompanying a disabled participant or a participant who is under 18 (only one guardian permitted).
- If you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Covid-19 please stay at home, do not come to the Centre.
- DO NOT visit us if you are at an increased risk of severe illness from Covid-19.
- Please use the toilet before leaving home, there will be limited toilets on site, but we would prefer that you did not use them. If you do need to use a toilet here, you will be required to clean it before and after use.
- Please do not break any government travel restrictions to visit the lake.
Arriving for your swim
- Please arrive at the Centre no earlier than 15 minutes before your booked session.
- On arrival, park and walk up to the Centre. The entrance is at the far end of the clubhouse building on the Westside. Please follow the signs past the red and white barrier.
- Please arrive ready to go or have a suitable changing robe or towel. We have limited outside changing cubicles available if required.
- Check in at our outside reception area. While waiting to sign-in please ensure you are 2m apart. There are mats on the floor to indicate the correct distance.
- Wait for the reception to clear before approaching.
- Do not bring valuables to the lake. There is an outside bag drop area but only limited secure storage.
- Any drinks or equipment you may need during your session should be placed on the exit pontoon.
- Please enter the water from the pontoon to the right of Bray Watch Tower and exit from the pontoon on the other side of the tower.
- Once you have completed your session or finished at the cafe please be mindful of numbers on site and do not hang around unnecessarily.
General Site Rules
- Please observe the site one-way system currently in operation.
- We are operating a 2m social distancing rule on site, please observe this. Anyone repeatedly breaking the rules will be asked to leave.
- When in operation the rule of six applies everywhere on site, on shore and on the lake. Please do not gather in groups of more than 6 anywhere on site.
- Please do not loiter at the entrance and exit to the water. Please sort your goggles and hat whilst on shore.
- Face masks must be worn when entering the clubhouse, for the café, toilet facilities and shop.
- If possible, you should bring your own hand sanitiser however there are hygiene stations and hand sanitiser available so please use it.
- We have Track and Trace QR codes available around the site for you to use.
- Currently there is a limited take away service from the cafe.
- Please do not leave any bags or personal belongings in the dedicated changing zones please only leave them in the bag storage area.
- Please remember to take home all personal items, we will no longer hold any lost property, left items will be disposed of.
- The toilets are available with a maximum of 1 person in the room at a time.
- The indoor changing rooms and showers are not available at this time.